A Basic Must-Have Baby Item List
When first-time expectant parents are getting closer to the big delivery day, they know that it is time to start making some hardcore plans for the baby's arrival. This means that the nursery has to be set up. The crib, dresser, and rocking chair need to be in place before the baby's birth. If this is your position right now, then you will want to continue reading.
Because there are other must-have items that need to be purchased ahead of time as well. Some are basic necessities for the baby. Let's go over the list right now.
1. Diapers, A Changing Pad, A Diaper Bag, Diaper Cream, And WipesYou already knew that diapers were going to be on the list. Be sure to buy a box of newborn diapers as they will be used up a lot initially. Diaper wipes, cream, and a changing pad are also necessary. You can place the pad on the dresser in the baby's room. In fact, you do not need to get a changing table as it only takes up space. The diaper cream must be accessible while changing the baby to prevent a diaper rash.
2. Feeding ApparatusWhether you have decided to nurse or formula-feed your baby, you need bottles. You also need a breast pump if you are nursing and nursing pads as well for yourself. Even if you are not nursing you need the pads to collect the leakage from the breasts. If you are formula feeding, you must get a can of formula and have it on hand. However, hospitals are known to give away cans of formula to new parents as well.
3. Sleepers, Blankets, And ClothingAnother important thing that parents will need to know is that they must have at least 3 sleepers on hand. They should also have 4 to 6 receiving and swaddling blankets, and 3 or 4 sets of clothing. Baby onesies are part of the necessary clothing that parents need to have in place before the baby's arrival. Be sure that they are washed up before your due date is nearing. If you have old rags or old clothing of your own that you do not need, then use those as burp rags. There is no need to spend money on burp rags otherwise.
4. A Moses BasketThere is a good chance that your baby will not sleep in his or her crib right away. Therefore, you will need to get a Moses basket for your baby. The reason this basket is a must-have is due to the fact that it is durable, comfortable, and completely natural. Additionally, you can keep your baby with you at all times. It will not matter what room you are in as the basket is portable and allows the baby to sleep soundly and comfortably.
5. Other Important Baby Apparatus
You will need to have crib sheets, a mattress cover, pacifiers, a thermometer, and a newborn first-aid kit. The best thing to do is to consult your birthing center or hospital that you plan to deliver at and ask them what items are highly recommended to have before the baby arrives.
Congratulations to you, and enjoy your new sweet baby on the way. You are almost ready to embark on another special journey!
“Please note: This article is only informative and should be read as such. To seek professional advise kindly contact your pediatrician or The American Academy of Pediatrics.”